It is highly suitable for those looking to keep a regular and neat shape. The completed result is outstanding tattooed eyebrows that add beauty and definition to any face. The eyebrow tattooing process in itself is very straightforward. Like a normal tattoo, a trained specialist injects a coloured pigment into your skin. This pigment can then be used to correct, transform and enhance your eyebrows’ shape. As an experienced professional, I can permanently fine-tune your eyebrows to your exact requirements. I will also ensure that the end result looks as natural and complimentary to your skin as can be. With an eyebrow tattoo, you too can have the perfect brows – with minimal upkeep – for life
- Add thickness to your brows
- Add shape back into your brows
- Strengthen and enhance the colour of your brows
- Rectify minor issues
Your treatment will begin with a consultation in our clinic discussing the shape and the colour of your preference to ensure a first class result! Our numbing process is as good as it gets. We use top of the line topical aesthetics to maximise your comfort. Some clients are so relaxed they even fall asleep during the procedure. And many say that it is no more painful than having your brows tweezed. Once you have decided the shape and colour that you would like, then and only then do we start the permanent makeup process. You have the option of whether you want a natural or dramatic result. It is all up to you! You are in complete control of your treatment.
Located just above Costa on High Street Perth, Our Center is equipped with the latest technology. Designed to be warm and inviting, with a Scandinavian modern meets shabby chic feel, our space is contemporary and refined.
Empire Beauty’s Makeup Center specialises in Permanent: Hairstroke/Powdered Brows, Lash Line Enhancement & Eyeliner, Lip Liner & Lip Colour, Areola Pigmentation, Scar Camouflage, Hair Simulation, and many more.
There is virtually no downtime with most of our permanent make-up treatments, although certain skin types may vary. You will be able to resume normal activities right after the procedure. Although minimal, slight bruising and redness is not unusual and will go away after about a day or so. As with any permanent cosmetic treatment, expect the colour to appear 20% darker and brighter than the final result. It takes approximately 4 to 6 days for the skin to heal completely and 21 days for the final colour to bloom and settle. You will be given a healing schedule so you can track the progress of your healing.
What is Microblading?
Microblading, also known as Eyebrow Embroidery is a procedure categorized under permanent makeup, but unlike traditional cosmetic tattooing, it is less invasive and is considered semi-permanent. Microblading typically lasts 1-3 years, depending on skin type and skincare routine. The procedure is done by using a hand tool with ultra fine needles and each ‘hair’ is gently etched into the skin, giving an incredibly natural and realistic look. Microblading can dramatically correct or fully reconstruct lost eyebrow and is excellent for those wanting to enhance their brows or who have little to no eyebrows, thinning brows from age or over tweezed brows. Pigments used are chosen to match the natural or desired brow color and skin tone will also be taken into consideration.
How long does it take?
For the first Microblading session, the entire procedure should take about 3-4 hours. During this session, the brow technician will shape and style the client’s brows for client approval. We then follow with pigment colour selection. Once the client is satisfied with the choices, we begin the procedure.
The client is to come in for a follow up visit in order to have any minor necessary touch ups. The second Microblading session takes place after 4-6 weeks after the initial session. This session will take approximately 2 hours to complete.
How long does it take to heal?
The eyebrow area will be slightly red after the procedure and color will appear very dark. This is normal for the procedure and part of the healing process. The color will fade by up to 40% as it heals. In the following days, the eyebrows will continue to be dark and you will notice slight scabbing. Do not pick at the scabs as this may damage the skin and the outcome of the microbladed area. The eyebrows will lighten up in colour as it heals. No down time is required after microblading procedure. It takes approximately 7-14 days for the brows to heal over, and about 1 month for the colour to fully set in. You’ll notice the colour is very light right after the two weeks after healing; the skin will have an opaque milky looking quality to it. This is known as the milk skin and is common in tattooing. This is due to the the tissue still healing from the inside out even though the surface of the skin is healed. True colour will reveal itself once healed.
Is the touch up session necessary?
Yes! A touch up session after 4-6 weeks is necessary as everyone heals differently and outcome will vary. Certain areas may not pick up during first session and will need to be refilled. Pigment colour may need to be adjusted, brow thickness and more strokes can be added. Individuals with oily skin often require a deeper shade during the touch up session as the oils tend to lighten the pigment. Most importantly, your touch up session is when we refine your brows to ensure it looks perfect and retains the colour for the whole year!
Can I get my touch up session sooner than 4 weeks?
Touch up sessions should not be done earlier than 4 weeks after initial microblading session as pigment colour has not fully settled into the skin. Most importantly, this is to prevent scar damage as the tissue requires time to completely heal.
Is it painful?
The pain level for the procedure is considered mild to none. Prior to the procedure your brow technician will apply a topical aesthetic to numb the area, and also reapplied during the procedure. Everyone responds differently to anesthetic; depending on the client, the feeling of the procedure has been described as light cat scratches to not feeling anything. Topical aesthetics used may contain lidocaine, prilocaine, benzocaine, tetracaine and epinephrine.
After the procedure, redness and slight swelling in the area is normal. Clients describe the area feeling similar to a light sunburn. Clients can take Tylenol but not aspirin or ibuprofen.
How long does it last?
Since microblading pigments are not implanted into the skin as deep as traditional tattoos, the area will naturally fade overtime. Microblading typically lasts 1-3 years, depending on skin type (normal, oily, dry), age (youthful/mature). Skincare routine will also affect the lasting effect of the pigment: patients who tan, uses products with AHA or Glycolic Acid with fade faster as your skin will resurface faster. Each individual’s colour retention within the skin will vary. To maintain the brows looking fresh, a touch up is suggested every 12-18 months. Clients can let the microbladed area fade over time, but please note a slight shadow may remain.
What are the pre and post care procedures?
In order to achieve the best results, it is best to follow the pre and post care instructions.
Prior to your procedure, clients are advised of the following:
- Avoid alcohol and aspirin/ibuprofen and any vitamins that may thin your blood for 72 hours.
- Avoid tanning so we can assess your natural skin tone.
- No face scrubs or chemical peels at least two weeks prior.
- Feel free to come in with their brow makeup on so our technician can see your every day look you prefer. Reference pictures of shapes and colours of brows are always welcomed. We will then work together to create the perfect brows!
After your procedure, clients MUST follow these instructions:
- Within 2 hours after the procedure, clean brows using a q-tip and lightly moisten with distilled or cooled downed boiling water. Gently wipe away the old healing balm and any lymphatic liquid (clear yellowish liquid) that may have built up. Lightly pat dry with tissue and using a new q-tip, re-apply healing balm to the brows.
- Make sure to apply a light layer of healing balm morning and night to brows for at least 5-7 days.
- Do not over apply healing balm.
- Do not immerse brow area in water for 14 days. When showering, make sure to avoid face area. When cleaning or washing face, make sure to avoid brows and clean around it.
- Do not put makeup on the brow area for a minimum of 10 days. Microbladed area is an open wound, using makeup may cause infections.
- Avoid alcohol and aspirin/ibuprofen and any vitamins that may thin your blood for 24 hours.
- Brow area will feel slightly itchy as it heals and will start to lightly scab over. Do not peel or pick at the scabs as this can affect the outcome and pigmentation.
- Do not go swimming, tanning or into saunas for at least 14 days.
- No face scrubs or chemical peels at least 2 weeks after.
Who is not suitable for the procedure?
Microblading is not suitable for the following candidates:
- Using Accutane
- Have heart conditions or using heart medications
- Have diabetes (will require a physician’s note)
- Have skin disease or irritations
- Have had Botox in the last 2 weeks
- Have gotten a deep tan or chemical peels in the last 2 weeks
- Allergic to lidocaine, prilocaine, benzocaine, tetracaine or epinephrine
- Anyone who has any serious medical conditions may require a physician’s note.
- Pregnant or nursing clients who want to microblade can be done at your own discretion. We suggest discussing with your doctor first. Microblading is still considered a tattoo, and just like with wine or sushi consumption, it is a personal choice to do so during this period.
* We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who we deem not suitable for this procedure or for any other reason. Our brow technicians make the decision to microblade an individual based on their own discretion. *
Risks and complications?
We take all proper precautions for a safe session by using sterilised equipment, new needles and in a sanitised environment. Should clients follow our pre and post care instructions, there should be minimal risks or complications . Although allergic reactions to the pigments are rare, it could be possible for certain individuals. We suggest a pigment patch test for individuals who have high skin sensitivities or are sensitive to:
- Topical makeup products
- Gold, silver and nickel
- Hair dyes
Patch tests should be performed 5-7 days prior.
What if I do not like it?
As with all cosmetic procedures, individuals should not make their choices lightly. We always recommend clients do their research, understand the procedure and compare different artists’ work and portfolio when making their decisions. Our brow technicians will do their utmost to shape and style the eyebrows to the clients satisfaction prior to the procedure. Every effort will be made to achieve an even appearance, but please realise our faces are never perfectly symmetrical. Uneven appearance can be fixed during the touch up session. Pigment discoloration and colour correction can also be fixed during the the touch up session. Microbladed brows will eventually fade away if no additional touch ups are done.
What are your cancellation or missed appointment policies?
Clients are able to cancel or reschedule appointments at anytime with a minimum of 72 hours notice prior to the appointment time, otherwise you forfeit your depot. To book a reservation, you must provide a valid credit card that is in your name. A charge will be made at time of booking. For a more detailed list of policies and associated fees, please click here. To cancel or reschedule, please email or call us. Confirmation of cancellation will be done by email or phone.
What are you waiting for?
Click the button below to book your appointment now